Correct, Jasper doesn't allow you to directly fill PDF fillable template files.

However iText does. Works quite well.

Need to use Acrobat Pro or other 3rd party tool to create fillable PDF files then write some Java code and call it from RPG or directly or write your own Java RESTlike service.

Regards,

Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com

------------------------------

message: 3
date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 09:23:49 +0100
from: Arco Simonse <arco400@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Quick question about AFP-to-PDF

We are heavily using JasperReport reports on IBM i but I never ran across possibilities for fillable forms.
However we are using an older JasperReport version, so I googled and found
http://community.jaspersoft.com/jasperreports-library/issues/4185 but they are saying there is only a partial implementation. Does not look like a way to go for you.

Regards,
-Arco

You don't need AFP to fill out a PDF form or to create a PDF form document.

You will next to learn some Java and iText though or maybe pay someone
to write you a wrapper.

Pete Helgren did a wrapper around the Jasper Reporting engine several
years back.

Not sure if that' still available or not.

Either way the direct answer to your question is No, but the indirect
answer is Yes it is possible with some effort.

Seems like an odd question to come from another 3rd party software vendor.

Partner up with another 3rd party company like HelpSystems or put on
the development gloves and get to work.