Incorrect.

Since Acrobat Reader XI came out you can fill out a template, open, re-save, open, re-save as many times as you want.

This is what makes partially filling a PDF form programmatically nice because you can auto-fill what you know and let the user do the rest. And Acrobat Reader is free.

Did a project a couple years ago for a customer who had over 100 fillable PDF templates and we would pre-generate several templates and fill out as much data as we could and the users would use Acrobat Reader XI to fill in the rest and send them out via email or print them.

Regards,

Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com

message: 5
date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 21:15:18 -0500
from: Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Quick question about AFP-to-PDF

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 1:32 PM, James H. H. Lampert <