On 10-May-2016 08:03 -0500, dmmueller wrote:
<<SNIP>> my PC service level was at SI50567,
but now applied the lastest service pack, which brings me to Version
7 Rel 1 Mod 0 Service Level SI57907.

Tried a new odc connection, again using the IBMDA400 driver.....
same issue. Using these odc connections and bringing my iSeries data
into Excel is pretty slick.....until I come across a file with a
packed decimal field.

What seemed a likely match to the described, is the PTF SI42424 for the APAR SE46519 describes:
"An application is using the PackedConverter object provided with the CWBX automation objects. If the DecimalPosition is set to anything other than 0, no output is returned."

Are the failing scenarios limited [the missing\omitted columns] to only those BCD Packed Decimal columns with a non-zero scale?

Unfortunately however, that PTF is superseded by both of the aforementioned PTF levels. If the noted level of fixes is accurate, then likely either the problem was reintroduced or that APAR\PTF does not describe what is being experienced.

Jon Paris suggested redefining my packed fields with a logical, that
may be my only solution to this...which would work for me.

Hardly a [re]solution. Clearly, that would be a circumvention; just as would be composing the SQL statement [outside of a logical view] with a data type casting functions or the effective equivalent via the CAST function. Why not report the problem to your service provider to pursue a proper resolution?