Re: EDTF vs. (STR)SEU

To me, EDTF is very much like SEU. Yeah, folks say EDTF is "simple and
basic" in a way that SEU is not. It's true. But that's just because
SEU was built for a few specific languages, and most midrangers happen
to work in those languages. If you are editing an unsupported
language, then effectively you are editing plain text; and for plain
text, SEU offers precious little over EDTF. As Charles mentioned, EDTF
is primarily for editing IFS stream files, but can also edit database
files. SEU cannot edit IFS stream files.

- Go through a STRPDM tutorial for SQL just to get familar with the
mechanics.
- Do the next DB schema design project with SEU and RUNSQLSTM

Not sure how PDM relates to SQL, or how SEU relates to RUNSQLSTM; but
yeah, I guess if you're just exploring and you don't know a lick of
RPG or CL then sure, knock yourself out.

As far as communicating with RPGers, I don't think you really need to
know SEU or any other particular editor. It helps to know a little
RPG, and a little midrange terminology.

John Y.