On 10/8/2015 12:59 PM, Justin Dearing wrote:

They're both different animals, and as a user of PASE and QSH, which POSIX
standards it follows are really not my benchmark.
-snip-
What C buildchain is there. Should I expect to download a tarball for
some random OSS project and have ./configure && make && make
install work?
-snip-
compliant? You could be totally posix compliant, but a lot of stuff expects
all the GNU autotools to work.

Yes, exactly! As an everyday developer, I couldn't tell you what POSIX
standard PASE adheres to, but I can tell you that I've built way more
GNU tools (with configure and make) from a source tarball using PASE
than I ever did with QShell.

The hangup for me was bootstrapping gcc, and I did that years ago,
before the YiPS made it easier. There was a Bull web site that have AIX
binaries that ran on Power 5 hardware, and I'm pretty sure that's where
I originally got my gcc from.

This situation should get better once IBM ships the gcc support in their
Open Source licensed program in November 2015.

This thread ...