Ok, now we're getting somewhere. I see you understand 'A' side and 'B'
side for IBM i. Firmware has their version of this too. There's a
temporary and a permanent side. This ptf state is telling you that the
firmware is only on the temporary side, not the permanent side.
I've done this so long using the HMC I forget how to do this using stone
knives and bearskins but I'll try. Going from that link:
<snip>
Option 5 (Display PTF details) contains a field that indicates whether or
not the PTF requires a server IPL (Server IPL required). The value shown
indicates from which side the IPL needs to be performed to activate the
changes. If no server IPL is pending, the value is None.
</snip>
First, if it says you need to do a server IPL do this:
PWRDWNSYS DELAY(120) RESTART(*NO)
Emphasizing restart(*NO).
Now you need to tell the control panel to use the correct T or P side as
specified by "The value shown indicates from which side the IPL needs to
be performed".

Why should you ensure that your firmware is kosher?
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/rzahc/rzahcverifyingfirmwarerequirements.htm
https://www-912.ibm.com/e_dir/eserverprereq.nsf/UpgradeCategories/Hardware?opendocument
Enter your model, enter your machine type, leave the Feature code blank.
Once that list appears, look for something like "IBM i 6.1 Specify Code".
That was more useful for firmware than was "IBM i 6.1 with 6.1.1 Machine
Code Specify Code". That second one's a bit misleading. But to run 6.1
on my model it suggested
Code type/OS Version/Release Fix level
server firmware FW3.2.0 EM320_031
server firmware FW2.4.0 SF240_332
This will vary depending on your model.
I saw no 7.1 specific entry. I'd ensure that your at least on the minimum
for 6.1.

Currently, I'm a bit beyond the minimum:
---Server firmware----
Fix PTF
Copy pack ID
*ACTIVE EM350_143 MH00000