yeah, the only meaning to our labels are BR=BRMS and TSM=Tivoli Storage
Manager.
I am running 11 lpars of IBM i and anyone of those partitions can tell you
that BR0311 was used to backup which lpar at which date and time and where
it is physically at and what is on that tape, when it's set to expire,
and...
Or if you want to restore ERPLXF/IIM and you want to know what tapes have
it and when it was saved I can tell you that also. Gee, do you need the
most recent or will one that rotated back from Iron Mountain today from a
save two weeks ago be good enough for your testing purposes?
Beats the crap out of tapes labeled for each system, for week 1-4, for
each of 5 work days and trying to manually tie that back up to what darn
week are we currently on, etc? And does MON mean saved Monday night or
was shipped out Monday morning from the previous nights backup? What a
bunch of malarky!