Don,

While your entire world may revolve around a single server or application,
IBM's world does not. In the current business climate, for IBM to continue
the excesses of the past would be terrible business. You are obviously not
a marketer, nor are you a businessman who could run IBM or a division of
IBM, so your words are simply beyond ignorant. IBM is a global corporation
who is more responsible to their shareholders than to one grizzled old
ex-s/36 programmer.

And if you looked closer (maybe using modern marketing approaches) you
would see IBM does market the platform. Surely even Twitter, YouTube
(http://youtu.be/f13ke9hY7Wk), LinkedIn and Facebook are not out of your
reach? IBM has evolved - way past you, apparently, and your complaints
show us how much you are stuck in some so-called glorious past. It is
disappointing to see your continued slams of your perception of reality,
when the reality is something completely different, modern and beyond your
reach.

As for in-person meetings, this out-of-date phenomenon has proven to be in
decline around the world - because of many things, including the internet,
modern technology and modern communications. Just because you personally
are not listening does not mean IBM does not offer communication. There is
a YouTube video on IBM i 7.1 TR6 (http://youtu.be/0lm_cKTG3zM), which
would achieve more exposure in one hour than one thousand half-day
in-person "branch" meetings. Gone are the days of spreading information
face to face, and it is time for you to step up to that new reality and
stop your incessant complaining.

As for IBM "caring", why should they care about an individual who is
constantly whining, complaining and spreading negativity? Regardless of
whether IBM cares for you or your business, the IBMers inside IBM who are
responsible for IBM i's future, ALL care about the platform, and put far
more effort into the life of the platform than you can ever imagine. You
should read some of their blogs - oh wait, you are stuck in pre-blog 1999.
With a modicum of research, a little modernization of your own technical
skills, and more attention to the actual world, you would see the effort
made my the IBMers responsible for our platform, and without hesitation,
would applaud their efforts. Do you think they want to continue while
there is so much "waah waah poor me, IBM is bad" noise? Yet they do, while
you choose to run them down constantly, complaining because somehow you
are personally miffed by your own misfortune in business and want to blame
IBM like some perceived monster. It is seriously time to stop that crap,
step up, and be a SUPPORTER of the platform, rather than a self-proclaimed
insider who continues to detract from what is the best business platform
on the planet. What is your purpose for this continued negativity, other
than to feed your own ego? The platform does not deserve it, but you
continue to dish it like your complaining is relevant.

Trevor