On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 18:41, Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I went ahead and configured the hosts file. ÂThen I opened Ops Cons for the
first time since upgrading it to the latest version and am getting the below
message (see URL screen shot).

http://mowyourlawn.com/temp/opscons_nolocalhost.JPG

I've never seen this one before.

Are you running this on a new, dedicated PC, or a machine on which you
have already installed loads of other software? I've always seen
OpsCon as something rather picky regarding to which software it
interoperates with.

OpsCon creates several logfiles in
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IBM\Client Access\aoc - if you're using
Windows XP the path might be different (Documents Settings, All Users
Profile, somewhere there. Best search a folder called aoc).

In a file called cwbopcon.log i see the following:

10/29/2009 19:03:58.669 1730/1508 CCommAsyncSocket: StartServer()
listener 2112 to :0
10/29/2009 19:03:58.669 1730/1508 CCommunicationController: listener: 2112 to :0
10/29/2009 19:03:58.919 1730/1508 CCommunicationController: OnAccept 7
socket: 2112 to :0
10/29/2009 19:03:58.919 1730/1508 CCommunicationController: created
srvr socket: 01d23060 127.0.0.1:63686<-->127.0.0.1:2112

It appears that this port number is not randomized. Are you already
running software machine? You can usage of port 2112 using netstat
-ano | findstr 2112 - if this you a result this like, you should the
PID of the process owning the socket to the right:

TCP 0.0.0.0:2112 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 4564

You can look this up using

C:\Users\z-l.beeler>tasklist | findstr 4564
cwbopcon.exe 4564 RDP-Tcp#0 2 10'036 K

I am guessing this has something to do with my PC config and nothing to do
with Ops Cons per se, though I can't see to figure out what that would be
because I have tried setting my IP back to DHCP, rebooted, tried opening Ops
Cons again, but still get same message of "Could not connect to 127.0.0.1".

I'd assume so. Are you any security software? My advise for OpsCon is
always to use a clean, dedicated machine not connected any other
network, so you can disable all updates and security functionality.
This must be done because IBM is fairly slow in keeping pace - for
example, OpsCon is not yet supported on Windows 7 and several Windows
XP updates broke OpsCon, because it was improperly programmed.