I received a new Power6 520 and am now trying to get it up and running. It
seems the combining of all hardware platforms has caused the installation
process to become generic and not specific to an OS (i.e. IBM i).

I received a document named "Road map for installing the IBM Power 520
Express" that I have been *attempting* to follow. It was while reading this
document that I realized it has near nothing to do with getting IBM i up and
running. In fact, it tells me to INSTALL THE OPERATING SYSTEM in step 5!!!

So my question is this: How do I tell if an OS is preinstalled?

Note I was able to get ASMI up and running and can view firmware settings
and easily reboot the machine. When I boot, it stops at a A9002000 which is
a code I received a number of years ago when I was trying to start up my
first iSeries: http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/200611/msg00218.html.
Of course IBM moved the links that people posted to help me out (thanks,
again, IBM).

I have the ethernet T1 and T2 plugged into the same switch as my PC which
connects all 5 ports on the switch to the same router. What I mean to say
is all IP addresses should be on 192.168.0.x. I access the HMC 1 ethernet
port for ASMI connectivity with IP 192.168.0.12 (this works perfectly). I
am using nmap (nmap.org) to scan all IP addresses on 192.168.0.x but am not
seeing an new IP addresses in the results (I was expecting to see
192.168.0.12 and also another 192.168.0.x IP address that I could connect to
with Operations Console).

Help.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com