On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 13:47, Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I received a document named "Road map for installing the IBM Power 520
Express" that I have been *attempting* to follow.

Forget it. You should follow this guide:

http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/GettingStarted

While it was written by an uneducated peasant, it's a lot more
accurate and to the point than the IBM documentation. At least that's
what i believe.

So my question is this: How do I tell if an OS is preinstalled?

By the SRC codes i'd say. If you get a C600 SRC, there must be
something on the machine.

Note I was able to get ASMI up and running and can view firmware settings
and easily reboot the machine. ÂWhen I boot, it stops at a A9002000 which is

x900 Codes means that it's IBM i OS talking to you. There's a console issue.

The HMC ports are for ASMI, not for the operations console. Just read
the guide above and you should be fine.

This thread ...