From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave Snyder
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 1:17 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: My server room is overheating

Do *all* HMC's have this feature? How would you determine so?

Dave

From:
Pete Helgren <Pete@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:
Date:
09/18/2009 12:52 PM
Re: My server room is overheating
Sent by:
midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Just another great reason to have an HMC."

Or to use something like Nagios (open source and free) to send you
emails and texts about the status on *all* your systems.

Pete Helgren

Pete Massiello wrote:
Tim,

At one of my customers we had set up the HMC for Service
notification, and one Saturday night around 7:00pm their computer room
got
up to 100 degrees (A/C died). The HMC sent us all an email, telling us
that
the Ambient temperature surrounding the FSP had gotten too high. I
received
the email on my phone, and called the customer who was just amazed that
knew his computer room had overheated and I was over 1000 miles away. He
sent someone to the office, and when they opened the door he said it was
like an oven inside.

Just another great reason to have an HMC.

Pete

NOTICE - This e-mail message is intended only for use by the addressee(s)
named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender by e-mail or telephone and delete the original and
all copies of this message immediately.
www.ephratanationalbank.com