Thanks to all who replied. As soon as I fired off my original post, the
email server dropped. Servers started dropping like flies, never seen
anything quite like it, one after the other. Of course the iSeries were
still crank'n away! We powered down the two iSeries boxes prior to a hard
shut down, they were both going strong in the 100 degree room.

The system issued the following message, but it appears it didn't get
delivered until after the IPL. I'd like to monitor for this condition prior
to it becoming critical, is anyone else doing this?

Message ID . . . . . . : CPPEA5A Severity . . . . . . . : 99

Message type . . . . . : Information

Date sent . . . . . . : 09/18/09 Time sent . . . . . . :
01:24:32

Message . . . . : *Attention* Contact your hardware service provider
now.
Cause . . . . . : An error occurred due to an environmental condition
such
as temperature, power source, user error or other problem.

Recovery . . . : Contact your hardware service provider and provide the

following list of possible failing items:

AMBTEMP

You should shut down the machine now. And make sure to get two
redundant ACs, fed through separate power and backed by separate UPSes
in the future.

Yes we have redundant systems, but it turns out it was wired incorrectly. I
Guess it was never tested, this was all before my time here. Yesterdays
test failed!

Thanks again, Tim

message: 1
date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:19:53 -0500
from: "DeLong, Eric" <EDeLong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: My server room is overheating

What's the room temp now?