James Lampert wrote:
Finally got back in on the customer box.

Looking at the joblog from my forcibly terminated session, I see:

CPYF FROMFILE(DDMEXPORT) TOFILE(QTEMP/DDMEXPORT) CRTFILE(*YES)
at 08:13:18

Message . . . . : Remote database job started. at 08:13:45

<<SNIP>>

Looks like I'm being kept waiting.

I realize a post suggests that DSPPFM and the RPG I/O are functional, but I offer...

The "job started" message, in the second level details, will give the name of the job on the target system. A WRKJOB OPTION(*PGMSTK) and OPTION(*JOBLCK) might show something of interest, as well as a DSPJOBLOG of that job on the target system. I recall there have been issues that [may since] have been resolved for some CPYF invocations. If the ERRLVL(*NOMAX) is specified on the request, I recall that would have circumvented each of those past problems [i.e. for which a\the PTF may not be applied to be prevent the issue] by causing a different code path to be used for accessing the data.

Regards, Chuck