From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James Lampert
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2009 6:39 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Billable hours versus fixed bidding and flat rates for IBM
idevelopers

Dear Mister Anonymous (et al.):

As I write this, I am in here on a weekend, ON MY OWN TIME, (and by no
means the first time, either, and I've stuck around many evenings on my
own time), to squeeze in a bit of work on a customer project. Not only
do I generally (unless a customer is being a serious pain in the butt)
SHAVE, rather than PAD my billable hours; I work more than a few hours
for which NOBODY is making any money directly, JUST SO THAT THE WORK
GETS DONE WITHOUT THE CUSTOMER GOING APOPLECTIC WITH STICKER-SHOCK.

Personally, I agree with Mr. Loeber's response. Your posting is an
offensive insinuation against the moral character of List members, and
its anonymity is suspicious. I say, either sign your broadcasts, or get
the hell off the list!

And regarding Unicomp keyboards, they're old news. By all accounts,
they're not *quite* as good as the original IBM keyboards were new, but
they're the closest thing you're likely to get for any price, in these
days of throwaway hardware getting used for a year, then thrown in the
nearest landfill to make room for the latest-greatest. And probably also

the only ones, other than the very cheapest, that are available without
those three extra WinDoze-specific keys that just get in the way.