Hi Dave

I always leave it connecting; it "just comes up" almost as soon as it starts
looking - even on a D mode IPL. So starting the PC Operations Console then
starting the IPL is my normal process.

Having said that, following a connection error last week once I connected a
correctly configured PC it came up almost immediately, which leads me to
believe that the code might/will clear once it finds a correctly configured
console (YMMV on this one).

The PC acting as Operations Console:
- It is running Client Access V6R1 ?
- Latest Client Access Service Pack ?
- Doesn't have Another Ops Console (Direct) configuration ?
- The PC adapter is configured with the right address and enabled ?
- All other LAN connections on the are disabled & unplugged
- Cable in the PC goes to the switch/hub and you can see an active light ?

Does the Operations Console remain at connecting ? Another quirk is where
the Authorization Window comes up on the PC - BEHIND the other windows. You
can only tell it's there by seeing the status change to pending
Authorization, although I'm pretty sure that's not the case here.

I think LAN Console is OK but it's a pain to come to grips with.

Regards
Evan Harris