Hi Dave

Have you used the 65+21 functions to clear the current configuration ?

What are the IP address parameters for your PC and iSeries ?

Does the network show as connected on the PC ?

BTW, I've not found ping to work over the lan console connection so that's
not much of a diagnostic. I've also found that not being connected to any
other network can sometimes help get a connection.

I had one just last week that refused to connect - the PC I was using had
been used for Operations Console (direct) and still had a direct connection
and operational configuration. Using a different PC worked immediately (I'm
wondering if that means you can't configure both types of connection on one
PC)

When the IPL failed with the A6005008 what was in option 12 & 13 on the
control panel (pressing the up key from the A600 5008 SRC) ? The data in
there provides some additional diagnosis feedback. Search for A600 5008 in
the PDF from the link I posted for more information on what this tells you.

Believe me, I know how frustrating it can be trying to work out what is
wrong.

Regards
Evan Harris