That's an apar, not a ptf. But it was a good start, thank you. I read
the apar and it said it applies towards V5R3 and V5R4 but would only
mention the V5R3 ptf. So I checked the V5R3 to V5R4 ptf cross reference
and the matching ptf for V5R4 is SI32147. And, surprise, that was just
put on last weekend. Now, it is only temporarily applied. So far,
looking good. Not a delayed ptf - looking even better. Oh oh, nasty
special instruction - kick in the b....

Special Instructions
If this PTF is applied or removed as a "Delayed" PTF, which
requires an IPL, no special consideration is necessary. If this
PTF is applied or removed "Immediate", this should be done in a
restricted mode (apply the PTF from the system console after
ending all of the subsystems).

I assume the same special instructions apply to RMVPTF. Gee our next
scheduled downtime is December 12. Maybe the new ptf will be ready then.

I submitted feedback on that apar that they should also mention the V5R4
ptf and pasted a link to the V5R3 to V5R4 ptf cross reference. I also
said that the ptf might be defective and pasted my pmr of 70836,122,000.

APAR
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas20869f8cb99d2f04086257476003c7084
V5R3 to V5R4 ptf cross reference
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.nsf/2d3aff1c6b4d6ce086256453000d971e/676c55abf82966be86257115004cedb4?OpenDocument