I won't get into an argument about whether it's a good idea to let
non-programmers write business applications.

Maybe you won't, but I have something to say on that very subject.

About 2 decades ago, an accountant, who'd never written a non-trivial program in anything but BASIC, wrote a small business accounting system.

In C.

To run on an Amiga.

It multitasked aggressively. Within itself.

Its database had absolutely no self-repair capability, and wasn't even manually repairable by an expert: if the program crashed, which it did with some regularity, it took EVERYTHING since the last backup with it.

And I worked for a company that actually sold the wretched thing. And was charged with the task of fixing it while the boss (and all the customers) stood on one foot. And was constantly blamed for its hidden flaws. I finally quit when I realized that the job was costing me more in medical and counseling bills than it was paying me, that I was losing my confidence as a programmer, and that I was on the edge of a nervous breakdown. (On the bright side, that job was also where I learned what is still my favorite typesetting program, Xerox Ventura Publisher, DOS/GEM Edition.)

--
JHHL