Well Chuck and Rob, we have my head spinning for sure.

The missing IPL source was indeed where you said Rob, I was not looking at
the heading of that display, only the voluminum lists of PTFs

and I've noted in restore command the SRM(*NONE) parameter (though I don't
see it in the prompt but perhaps it will pop up after I press ENTER). The
should keep the any restore I try from writing over and changing my hardware
which is now different.

I dove into the Backup and Recover Manual (Hope that is not different from
the Save/Restore manual you mentioned Rob) and oof [smile]

Here is what I think I'd like to try

First, try using the PTFs but I'm not sure what I have or in what order they
should be used.

I have two sets of CD which were created 12/31/2002. Both have written
instructions (from IBM) with a Blue first page.

On that first page of both sets on instructions is hand written in ink by my
partner. "Applied 1/6/2003"

One set is 2 CDs with 18 pages of detailed step by step instructions with
steps crossed out in ink and one with the word EXEMPT next to it. As I read
through the instructions I can see the logic progression of thing that was
instructed to skip, hence the cross-outs.

However, unlike the instruction with other single CD it only has 1 CUM# or
PRF# numbers listed in the What-got-shipped shipped list. C2169450 for the 2
CDs with no individual PTFs listed other than inside the step by step the
intstructions where special ones apply based on questions.

The single CD has tons of PTF numbers in the What-got-shipped list and very
few pages of instructions which essentially say
Go PTF
Run option 8

On the instructions for the single CD are written in ink.
"SF99068 Java Group PTF"
"Cum C2169450 applied after"

That hand written note would indicate to me that the single CD was done
first, or is it possible that either could get used a second time.

SO, which one should I use? (assuming I've given enough information about
what I have)

Second option and fall back would be to restore stuff from tape.