Yep, that clears it up nicely. Where did you find this information?
In order to clear up FUD I have been reading every document IBM sends my way (and some they haven't) to be as sure as possible I am correct. The best description I found so far is in a document I cannot share though clearly the descriptions are for that purpose. The author is well known to be 'grand high guru master' at IBM licensing and entitlement so I trust it implicitly.

Too bad they didn't do the UE's as concurrent sign-on's vs. total count of
profiles that exist. Really creates a mess of a situation for those that
may have a different profile for every remote SQL access (i.e. JDBCUSER,
DOTNETODBC, ODBCQRY1, ODBCQRY1) or all the different profiles that have been
created for any number of other programmatical purpose.
Yes this is one area where I think differing interpretations may be attempted. You could argue that if those four users you list each come from one server and 500 users utilize those servers that those 500 users each need a license on the 515. I believe this would be the IBM expected interpretation.

Others, however, may argue that those four users are all that's needed, one per server and that the 'user' is the 'Server'. I like this interpretation for cost effectiveness but I think it breaks the intent of the license.
On another note,
when you install PHP it creates/uses two profiles: ZENDADMIN and ZENDTECH,
so I guess PHP just cost me $500? (2 users at $250 as per Pete Heldgrens
email)
Here I think those users would NOT count. They are there to own and operate ZEND PHP. They do not constitute real users with actual fingers so they would be 'free'.
Curious, does anybody know what the penalty is if these standards (i.e. EUE)
are not abided by?
The user will be required to attend, and stay awake for, a 100 consecutive hour marathon of Blair Wyman, Paul Tuohy, David Money, Al Barsa, Jim Sloan, Tom Hadley, George Farr, Pat Botz, Earwin early, Skip Marchesani, Jon Paris, and Fant Steel doing their most detailed technical presentations. The marathon would start with a lively kick off by Trevor Perry and wrapped up by Bob Tipton Glaring down at you from however tall he is, and in his most intimidating voice ask if you're ever gonna do THAT again! :-)

- Larry
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com