Vern

From: "albartell" <albartell@xxxxxxxxx>

First, look to see how you're supposed to be connected. Your system is
configured to use something, probably Op's Console.

Where do I look to see how my system is configured? On the packing list
that shipped with my system I have this line item on it:

Feature Quantity
5553 001 Sys console-ethernet no IOP

You really need to RTFM.

I followed the "Quick start guide for i5 520" that came with my machine -
didn't get me there. All the other links that I have followed have not
gotten me there (i.e. IBM Systems Hardware Information Center which was
somehow installed on my desktop and I have been pouring through that). I
should not need to be well versed as an iSeries admin to get my machine
booted for the first time.

Can somebody confirm that I should be able to configure my iSeries if I
connect a desktop PC to it via ethernet cable that has the wires switched
for peer-to-peer capabilities (i.e. the desktop is directly etherneted into
the iSeries without any other devices in-between)

On a last note, the display panel on my latest boot is displaying "01 B
N V=F" with a single "T" on the second line.

Thanks for any direction you can provide,
Aaron Bartell