Hi Jim,

Well, they're both CLP's, not CLLE's, and I don't think they're ever called from an ILE program. but the APAR does say "...since the FTP program runs in the activation group *NEW...". I thought a CLP runs in the QILE activation group, so if FTP starts a new activation group, it seems like it would have the same override scope problem.

*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050
pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> /

Are the programs doing the override ILE or not - that would make the
difference.  With ILE, you get a mix of ILE (my program) and non-ILE (IBM's
programming for FTP).  My program runs in one activation group, IBM's in
another.  With ILE, if I take the default for the override, it only
overrides at the activation group level.  I needed to override at the JOB
level to get IBM's programming to see my files.

I am also on V5R4, and that might make some difference, although I have had
override issues at  5.1 and 5.2 levels.  Activation groups have not changed
that much from V5R1 to V5R4.

Jim

That's odd. I have customers with V5R1 and V5R3, both using a similar
CLP that does the two overrides then the FTP command; neither of the
overrides specifies the scope, and the default on both systems is the
activation group, yet they've been working for years running it in
batch.  APAR *SE19855 indicates that it applies to V5R1, V5R2, and V5R3,
and it didn't mention any PTF to change the behavior of FTP.  Why is it
working!?

**Peter Dow* /