Actually, that might be a fun blast to the past...
Don in DC

At 08:56 AM 2/16/2006 -0500, you wrote:
Trevor:

The problem in converting from Fortran is not the computati0on statements.
 Today's RPGLE easily handles the math, integer arithmetic, floating point
arithmetic and variables.  In fact, you can probably take most of the
Fortran assignment statements directly just by preceding it with an "eval"
or by using free form and following the statement with a semicolon.  You
will have to define ALL the variables (remember, the default is that
variables beginning with the letters I, J, K, L, M and N are integers, all
others are floating point).  The entire mathematics library with
trigonometric functions, etc. are all available.

The problem will be in the architecture of the application itself, the I/O
either to binary files (no FORMAT statement) or internal form to/from
external form (with a FORMAT statment), any parameters used, the use of
COMMON storage, etc.  Gosh!  this takes me back to about 1963!

If it's not too huge nor proprietary, post the code - I'll bet a lot of us
"old timers" would take a crack at it for you.

Dave Schnee,
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC