Our problem is performance; we're having scores of simultaneous searches on
10s of millions of db records.  An upgrade to an iSeries system capable of
handling our projected needs over the next 3 years (hundres of simultaneous
searches on 100s of millions of records) will cost at about $500K, another
$1M+ after that.  My gawd.

So... I'm exploring alternatives to spending that kind of money.

Option 1 (for me) is quicker. I don't know what performance will be like
using a 3rd party connector (such as RPG2SQL), so I'll have one of our Java
programmers explore option 2 (JDBC).

That said: where can I find more info/examples of using JDBC to pull data
from a MS SQL server?  Our Java guys know virtually nothing about the
iSeries, and I'll need to give them a starting point.

Tom