I have a database on a MS SQL Server (SP3a), installed on a Windows XP Pro
(SP2) testbed.  I think that I've got the DRDA stuff set up properly on the
AS400:

1. ADDTCPHTE INTNETADR('192.168.30.66') HOSTNAME((TOMDELL))
2. QSYS/ADDRDBDIRE RDB('TOMDELL') RMTLOCNAME('192.168.30.66' *IP)
3. ADDSVRAUTE USRPRF(TOMH) SERVER(TOMDELL) USRID(TOMH) PASSWORD('PASSWORD')

I start up Interactive SQL on the 400, and enter this command:

connect to TOMDELL user tomh using 'PASSWORD'

And I get this error log:

>strsql
>A remote host refused an attempted connect operation (CPE3425)
>DDM TCP/IP communications error occurred on connect() to Application Server
>(CPD3E34)
>File QCNDDMF was already closed, never opened or not from this process
>(CPF4404)
>Cannot establish DDM connection with remote system (CPF9162)
>Communication error occurred during distributed database processing
>(SQ30080)

I'm weak on the PC side of things - to allow the connection to the pc
database:
1. I've "heard" DRDA is available for MS SQL Server - true?  How do I
get/activate it? Or is it already active after initial MS SQL Server
installation?
2. Is there some config that I need to check in MS SQL Server 2000?  How
about in Windows XP Pro?
3. There's no firewall running on the PC, there is a corporate firewall.  Do
I need to make sure that some particular ports are open?
4. Is there some .net or other PC software thing that I should install to
get this working?

Tom