Hello all, and thank-you for ALL of your replies. What a community....

Anyway, I just wanted you to know I am on hold with this for a day or
so.

Our client said they now think the issue is that we need to be migrated
to their new FTP server.

They are sending to us from a PC right now. So I am on hold until they
migrate us.

I spoke with a guru from Gentran, and they suggested what you all did,
and a few other things.

First they said to tell them to try it Binary. Or if they are sending
Binary to ask them to send it Ascii.

They said to insist on record segment separators...

they said to have them send to the IFS, then if I had to, convert Ascii
to Ebcidic.

I will review let you know what steps I took from all of your
suggestions and what finally worked, when they start again.

Regards;

 Kathie

It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient,
you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any
of this
information.  Violations are punishable by law.
If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender
immediately and
destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.
Confidential,
proprietary or time-sensitive communications should not be transmitted via the
Internet,
because there is no assurance of actual or timely delivery, receipt and/or
confidentiality.