WRKHDWRSC *LWS
WRKCTLD *LWS
5=Display
Verify resource names match what is shown on WRKHDWRSC *LWS

WRKSBSD SBSD(QINTER*)
5=Display
4. Work station name entries
5. Work station type entries
Determine which subsystem controls your dsp020000.  Is that subsystem
started?

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Pete Helgren <Pete@xxxxxxxxxx>
04/19/2005 01:38 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: No signon screen

No. No Ops Console. This system always had a Twinax console.

But, I am beginning to think that there WAS another twinax controller at
one time.

Here is what I am seeing:

CTL01 is a 266C device type (not sure what that is exactly)
CTL02 is a 2722 device type.

The QCTLSBSD is QCTL.  QCTL is active.  There is a QCTL controller
defined as a 266C device although it is varied off.  If you try to vary
it on it tells you that the resource is already in use (presumably by
CTL01 which uses the same resource).

When I delete the terminal device description on CTL02 (the only device
configured on it), it autoconfigs as DSP020000 which tells me that it is
on CTL02 (true) and has address 0 (true) on port 0 (true).  Even if I
didn't want this as a console, shouldn't it still give me a signon screen?

There is only one connector at the back of the 720 that will connect to
the "brick".

I just re-checked that the cable and terminal are OK by taking the
terminal and cable off of our Model 800 and putting it on the 720.  No
luck.

I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that the Twinax
controller is CTL02 and probably something to do with the multiple
QINTER subsystems but I can't quite pull it all together.

Pete

list