On Apr 8, 2005 10:51 AM, rob@xxxxxxxxx <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Question:  Is the CREATE PROCEDURE what is failing from your PC program?

no.  I can create and drop the procedure.  what fails is the execute.
It only fails when LANGUAGE is RPGLE.  LANGUAGE RPG or CL works.  ( I
suspect DB2 UDB does not support RPGLE )
  cmd.CommandType = CommandType.Text;
  cmd.CommandText = "CREATE PROCEDURE FAXMAIL.TEST35B (" +
                       "IN VLU1 CHAR(1) ) " +
                        "LANGUAGE RPGLE " +
                        "DETERMINISTIC " +
                        "NO SQL " +
                        "SPECIFIC TEST35B " +
                        "PARAMETER STYLE GENERAL " +
                        "EXTERNAL NAME 'FAXMAIL/TEST35B'";
   cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
    Trace.Write("AutoCoder", "Stored procedure created");

> If so, have you tried putting the entire CREATE PROCEDURE in a source
> member and using RUNSQLSTM on it and see what happens?  Because writing a
> PC program to do this (which should be a one shot deal) seems like a lot
> of extra work.

I am an asp.net programmer now! :)  It is a good idea but it is better
for me to address the problem on the asp.net side of things.

I do have an IBM DB2 support call open, so I will see what they say.

Here is how to run and format the db2 trace:
1 - db2trc on -l 128M
2 - recreate the error
3 - db2trc dump <file_name.dmp>
4 - db2trc off
5 - db2trc fmt <file_name.dmp> <file_name.fmt>
6 -     db2trc flw <file_name.dmp> <file_name.flw>

-Steve