I am getting an error, sql0443n, sqlstate=38501 when I execute a stored
procedure from db2 udb that is calling an rpgle program. The code is on an
asp.net <http://asp.net> web page and uses the DB2Connect and DB2Command
classes to connect to the sql database of the as400.

Here is the asp.net <http://asp.net> code that creates and then executes the
stored procedure:
( note how clean asp.net <http://asp.net> code can be! )
cmd = new DB2Command();
cmd.Connection = conn;
cmd.CommandType = CommandType.Text;
cmd.CommandText = "CREATE PROCEDURE FAXMAIL.TEST35B (" +
"IN VLU1 CHAR(1) ) " +
"LANGUAGE RPGLE " +
"DETERMINISTIC " +
"NO SQL " +
"SPECIFIC TEST35B " +
"PARAMETER STYLE GENERAL " +
"EXTERNAL NAME 'FAXMAIL/TEST35B'";
cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
Trace.Write("AutoCoder", "Stored procedure created!");

stored procedure is executed:
string vlu1 = "a";
cmd = new DB2Command();
cmd.Connection = conn;
cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure ;
cmd.CommandText = "FAXMAIL.TEST35B";
cmd.Parameters.Add(new DB2Parameter("VLU1", vlu1 ));
cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
Trace.Write("AutoCoder", "Stored procedure executed!");
 What is odd is this code works when the language of the stored procedure is
RPG or CL. It only fails when it is RPGLE. I suspect that the DB2 UDB
install I am using on the Windows PC does not support RPGLE, only RPG and
CL. ( when I spoke to an AS400 tech last week he said the "N" at the end of
the error code means the error is on the PC side )
 There is a DB2 trace that can be run on the PC:
 db2trc on -f trace.dmp
<reproduce the problem-try to connect from ASP .NET>
db2trc off
 But the output is in a seemingly secret IBM binary code, so I cant open the
file in a text editor.
 Any thoughts on this error?
 Is there a trace I can run on the as400 that shows if my stored procedure
is actually running on the as400?
 thanks,
 -Steve