Le mer. 12 janv. 2005 22:46:39, Jeff Crosby écrivait:

>> In this case, you will have (or maybe you already have these)
>> to create
>> storage locations TAPMLB0x for the MLB, and of course fill these
>> locations with medias (both physically and logically for
>> BRMS, you can
>> use the WRKMLMBRM command for that). If you don't have the 20
>> sequence
>> in your move policies, they can apply to these locations.
>
> Stupid operational question on tape devices vs libraries:
>
> To make a tape _device_ (like TAP01) ready, I must 1) import a
> tape into slot n, then 2) load the tape from slot n into the
> drive.  I can then do DSPTAP, INZTAP, SAVxxx, whatever.  That
> doesn't seem to work with tape library device like TAPMLB01.  I
> thought that I could just 1) import a tape into slot n, and then
> 2) start issuing commands like DSPTAP and it would 'find' the
> tape.  But that doesn't work.  I can't seem to figure out the
> series of steps.  It seems like it's more work to get a tape ready
> in an MLB.

When you insert a tape in the I/O box of the library, the tape gets the
"inserted" status in the WRKTAPCTG command. With this category, it is
not usable. You have to add it to the library using the option 1 or the
ADDTAPCTG command, in order for the tape to get the "share400" or
"noshare" status. I don't think the slot number is important and you do
not have to specify it, it is the problem of the library. Once, it is
in a right status, the tape is usable with all the OS400 commands with
the following constraint : you *must* specify the volume id in the VOL
parameter of the command. Then, the library can load the right volume
for you in the drive.

This is the theory when you have a bar code reader. This means that you
do not need to force the drive to read the label of the tape. If you do
not have a bar code reader, you have to force the drive to read the
label.

What kind of library do you have ?

--
Cordialement/Best regards