Le jeu. 13 janv. 2005 13:41:59, Jeff Crosby écrivait:

>> What kind of library do you have ?
>
> 3581

The 3581 may have a bar code reader.

> I found an IBM document (11770036) "Initializing New Cartridges in
> a MLB and Enrolling to BRMS"  The suggested procedure without a
> bar code reader is:
>
> 1) vary off the MLB
> 2) vary on the device
> 3) init and add tapes to BRMS using the device, _not_ MLB
> 4) vary off the tape device
> 5) vary on the MLB
>
> Interesting.

If you have the bar code reader, you can initialize the tape when using
the MLB mode. In this case, the label of the media will have the same
name that the bar code. Here is the process :

1) Physically add the new tapes, they are in "insert" status in the
WRKTAPCTG command
2) For all the tapes, use the option 1 and type on the command line
CHKVOL(*NO) : the tapes are not loaded on the drive but they are loaded
in the library
3) For all the tapes, use the option 10 and type on the command line
CHECK(*NO) : the tapes will be initialized with the bar code label.

Of course you have to add manually the tapes in the BRMS inventory.

--
Cordialement/Best regards
Marc Rauzier

Opinions I stated here are my own.