> In this case, you will have (or maybe you already have these)
> to create
> storage locations TAPMLB0x for the MLB, and of course fill these
> locations with medias (both physically and logically for
> BRMS, you can
> use the WRKMLMBRM command for that). If you don't have the 20
> sequence
> in your move policies, they can apply to these locations.

Stupid operational question on tape devices vs libraries:

To make a tape _device_ (like TAP01) ready, I must 1) import a tape into
slot n, then 2) load the tape from slot n into the drive.  I can then do
DSPTAP, INZTAP, SAVxxx, whatever.  That doesn't seem to work with tape
library device like TAPMLB01.  I thought that I could just 1) import a tape
into slot n, and then 2) start issuing commands like DSPTAP and it would
'find' the tape.  But that doesn't work.  I can't seem to figure out the
series of steps.  It seems like it's more work to get a tape ready in an
MLB.

('Course it doesn't help when supportline has already said there will be
5722-999 PTFs out this month for firmware upgrades . . .)

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

company.  Unless I say so.