Rob, no, but you can sure TRY to turn the discussion in that direction,
right?

| And I assume that you only have a
| dumb terminal on your desk?  If so, it's not a bad email client.

Haven't had a dumb terminal on my desk for a decade, and use Windows at
present for email.  So much for your theories on how I operate.

| Listen, if the average user has a PC on their desk, (since there is no
| twinax outside of our computer room, that applies to us anyway), then why
| not use the GUI if:
| They already have the PC

Granted (for the most part).

| The GUI is similar in performance

There's the first rub.

| The interface is "arguably" better

That's the keyword, "arguably"..  Yes, I know which UI has won the day (via
an illegal monopoly), but one can still hope for better (which should NOT be
read to mean "dumb-terminal").

| The stability of the gui interface is similar to the stability of the
| telnet session on their PC.

That's the show-stopper, for me anyway...  You define "stability" and
"similar" quite conveniently, to make this claim.

| You think IBM loses any sales of the iSeries because it doesn't have a
| command interface into disabled user profiles?

No, do you?

IBM loses conversions of HP 3000 customers, though, by NOT having command
interfaces for Ops Nav functions, and alienates their loyal customers in the
process.  The "95% of new 400 purchasers" that are buying the Enterprise
Edition.  The argument that these functions would be cost-prohibitive to
implement as commands is as lame (imo) as the arguments you present above.