>I think everyone can agree, any machine
>can
>crash and any machine can be up for years, any
>machine can support "a
>lot"
>of users and any machine can be poorly designed or
>managed, preventing
>it
>from supporting "a lot" of users.

That is the absolute truth.  But the point that the
iSeries defenders are pointing out is that 'Staying up
for Years' is the Norm for the iSeries.

I'm sorry, but everyone can say what they want, but
I'm from Missouri.  I've seen it on the iSeries. And
as many AS400/iSeries developers & users, have
experience with other platforms as well as iSeries.

I've been at many companies as an employee, consultant
or contractor, and most problems encountered is not
with the iSeries.  (I did have an IBM CE accidentally
unplug our 820 though, if this counts)

I was talking to an operator at one of the largest
income tax preparation corporations in the country
located here in Missouri, I was told that most of
their time was spent keeping their 3 Large Unix boxes
up and running, but one person handled the iSeries
part time with very little problems & down time.

I am the sole administer for iSeries at my
organization, in over 2 years I've had a drive go out.
 An IBM CE came in, hot swapped the drive and back on
course in 15 minutes without taking the system down,
or even having to pull users off.  Sure you can
probably site a few similar cases here and there with
other platforms, but this is the 'Norm' for iSeries.

Don