On Thursday 05 December 2002 11:41 pm, Norbut, Jim wrote:
> I have the QRCLSPLSTG set at 5 days.
>
> Here's my Cleanup settings :
>
> Allow automatic cleanup . . . . . . . . . . . . .   Y
>

>  Time cleanup starts each day  . . . . . . . . . .   22:00:00
>

>  Number of days to keep:
>
>    User messages . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   7
>    System and workstation messages . . . . . . . .   7
>    Job logs and other system output  . . . . . . .   7
>    System journals and system logs . . . . . . . .   30
>    OfficeVision for AS/400 calendar items  . . . .   30
>

> Doing a DSPLIB QSPL *PRINT give me a total of   8032243712
> Which is roughly 8 GIGS....that's what I assume he is talking about.

Hi Jim

Looks like you're going to need something to purge old spoolfiles as well
- and maybe something to archive them off first. My web site has a free
utility to do the first - http://www.dbg400.net/extras.html#prgoutq

                          Purge output queue (PRGOUTQ)

 Type choices, press Enter.

 Output queue . . . . . . . . . . OUTQ
   Output queue Library . . . . .                  *LIBL
 Retain spoolfiles: DAYS  . . . . RETAIN
 Retain *HLD spoolfiles: DAYS . . RTNHLD         *RETAIN
 Retain *SAV spoolfiles: DAYS . . RTNSAV         *RETAIN

but I'm not aware of any free utilities to do the latter. We use @riadne
software's CoolSpools/400[1] for converting to PDF and it has a handy
.sav format to give you an IFS file that can be archived (& restored
later if required).

Regards, Martin
[1] http://www.ariadnesoftware.co.uk
--
martin@dbg400.net (plain text emails only) http://www.dbg400.net   /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /