Buck Calabro wrote:

> Buck said:
>
> >> And the single word WRKOBJPDM occurs in every
> >>single one of those hits.
>
> and Jeff wrote:
>
> >So?  That's not what I'm looking for.  I'm
> >looking for details on the WRKOBJPDM command,
> >not everywhere the word WRKOBJPDM appears.
> >Those are 2 different things.
>
> They sure are.  I guess I wasn't smart enough to conceive of the notion that
> a machine search could impute meaning to the search arguments I type in.
> I'll have to re-think that notion now that I see what you mean.

Ah, don't underestimate yourself, you're very smart.  The point I was
trying to make is the Infocenter search should be an 'intelligent'
search, for lack of a better terms.  I expect a general purpose search
engine such as google to be a 'brute force' search, i.e., just find me
everyplace WRKOBJPDM appears.

But the Infocenter search should be _designed_ for that site.  It should
know I'm looking for (probably) technical information in manuals and
that I will want to see whole topics on my search.  I need in depth
information, in an organized fashion.  Don't give give me the ASCII
Workstation manual in a search for WRKOBJPDM just because the word
appears in the book.

Am I explaining myself very well?  Does anyone else feel this way?

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
the opinion of my company.  Unless I say so.