A friend of mine is in charge of maintaining the search engine software we
use on our web site.  It's one of the standard packages and probably doesn't
have "important" features that its competitors lack.  All of this stuff has
scoring algorithms that can be manipulated in various ways.  I've watched
him try to implement management requests.  Regardless of the configuration
capabilities, it's a lot of work to come up with something that shows much
more intelligence to the end user than a simple text search.

That said, I sure liked the search function in Book Manager better than Info
Center.