Thanks Evan,

A count of the members will let me know if there are any to process.

The system wil be in place for 1-2 years until AS/400s are replaced. The
company is centralising its IT and moving to Unix/Oracle. It will be
operational 24 hrs/day until then. This is indeed a data pump, moving
data from one platform to another and a quick solution is required.
However, it still needs to be efficient, performance of the AS/400 is
important.

After each member is processed it will be deleted. There should never be
an excessive number of members in the file.

Regards
Syd Nicholson