Tom,

The file will always exist. The FTP process from the other machine will not
create the file.

I don't know how often new members will arrive.

I think I have two approaches. Your approach, where a program periodically polls
the file and lists new members. I agree that this won't be too resource hungry,
or, use the FTP exit point to trigger the event, add a small delay of a few
seconds, and then list/process any members.

6 and two 3s I think, regarding the above choices. I think I prefer your
approach - I was just hoping that OS/400 may have some way of "listening" for
this event allowing me to make the process more efficient.

Thanks to all who helped with this question.

Syd Nicholson

Quoting thomas@inorbit.com: