That is what I mean - the compiler statement numer, not the source line
number. What you probably have is the line number in the program object
as understood by OS/400, not the line number in the source as understood
by you. These two things are not one and the same. I don't know how to
relate one to the other.

The line number in error is probably not the READE. Look for EVALs and
other RPG 4 op codes in your code that could result in a numeric
overflow. The answer is out there.

If you could reproduce the error (in test mode) for the data that was
being processed at that time, then debug can be used to find the
location of the error.

Syd Nicholson