From: "Steve Richter" <srichter@AutoCoder.com>
To: <midrange-l@midrange.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: New 250 better than 170's from IBM on eBay

the 170s on ebay are processor feature #2164.  Cpw 125/29, unconstrained (
whatever that means ) 210/29.

the 250 CPW is 50/15 and 75/20.

so the 170 beats the 250 on the cpw front.

and from the ebay posting:
  3002 128MB Main Storage  6
  6813 8.58GB Disk Unit (S/  8

Does this mean those 170s have 6x128MB main storage and 8x8.58GB dasd ?

If so, then the 170s on ebay are a better deal for dasd and main memory than
the 250.

The only advantage I see the 250 having is V5R1 and the programming language
and websphere bundle.

What is doable and what is allowed re: programming languages, v5r1 and v4r5
on the 170?

 Can you do a full v4r5, v5r1 install on these 170s ?

Are you allowed to buy a cheaper model on ebay that comes with v4r5 and then
install on the 170 as replacement hardware for the cheaper model ?

Thanks,

Steve Richter