There needs to be parallel infrastructures.

There are the people who phone in.
The people who go to a web site.
The people who want to talk in person.

Perhaps another approach might be an IBM solutions CD that you stick in PC &
it can self-load irrespective of if you have Apple or Intel or Microsoft or
Linux & the goal is to interact with the user to determine the kind of
solution you desire, then if you have internet access create an e-mailed
order, but if you don't, create a printed order with address to mail it to.

The CD when first loading itself would do something like Service Director ...
what kind of a machine am I on ... what kind of stuff does IBM sell for this
kind of machine ... but as the end user interacts with the solutions CD, at
some point the user needs to be told if the platform they now using is not
optimal for what they have in mind.