> That is correct. This is an exception report so we're looking for, among > other things, items where the cost may vary for different facilities. My approach may not be the most efficient way of doing things, but I have written query/400 that writes to a query work file what the standard costs are for particular items in a particular facility ... separate data work area member by facility, then do a report that compares the output, and only prints when the costs are different, and sequences it by item type & class, because in some categories the costs are supposed to be different. I also have a similar configuration in which I match up what the total of all the cost buckets are with what is actually in cost bucket zero. I have found some BPCS programs that do the math wrong & rather than identify & fix all the programs & not know if I got them all (some of those programs are rather monstrous), I have written a program which I call COST REORGANIZATION which recalculates cost bucket zero, for those items identified as having problems. I got into this when I discovered that some costs in the cost master are negative. There's been lots of discussion of this kind of thing on BPCS_L. We run CST600 very regularly then I go into the spool file & F14 looking for period in position 120, which reveals only the lines that have a cost change. I also modified CST900 process to capture costs on orders about to be purged, then compare after the purge to see how much the actual costs have shifted. MacWheel99@aol.com (Alister Wm Macintyre) (Al Mac) BPCS 405 CD Manager / Programmer @ Global Wire Technologies Incorporated http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com = new name same quality wire engineering company: fax # 812-424-6838
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.