> I am not sure I understand what the document says. > > Does it have to do with two partitions sharing a single cpu. The cpu > usage > reported for the tasks/jobs in the partition are scaled from a pct of the > entire cpu ( actual cpu used ) to a pct of the cpu allocated to the > partion > ? > > So a job uses 10% of the physical cpu. The partition is allocated 40% of > the > cpu. So the 10% used by the job is scaled to 25% of the partitions > allocation ? > > > Steve Richter Steve, I think the task is in there just to make the math work, but not in the way you're suggesting above. All the metrics used to calculate the percentage of processor used are calculated against complete processor multiples. In the example you use above, if a job was using 10% of the physical CPU in a partition which was allocated 40%: The job would show up as 10% The task would show up as 15% (assuming that no other work was on the system) Thus the total system used would be displayed as 25%, which would be the equivalent of 10/40. Andy Nolen-Parkhouse
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.