----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Nolen-Parkhouse" <email@example.com> > > I think the task is in there just to make the math work, but not in the > way you're suggesting above. All the metrics used to calculate the > percentage of processor used are calculated against complete processor > multiples. In the example you use above, if a job was using 10% of the > physical CPU in a partition which was allocated 40%: > > The job would show up as 10% > The task would show up as 15% (assuming that no other work was on the > system) > > Thus the total system used would be displayed as 25%, which would be the > equivalent of 10/40. > In my scenario P1 has 40% of the cpu, P2 has 60%. Job 1 runs in P1 and uses 10% of the total cpu or 25% of the P1's cpu. Why does the task/job show up as 15% ? In my 40/60 split, what is the processor multiple ? Thanks, Steve Richter
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.