good explanation, Andy. Thank you. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Nolen-Parkhouse" <email@example.com> To: <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 1:15 PM Subject: RE: HVLPTASK > Steve, > > The coders wanted to display the percent of available CPU used. Their > normal algorithms are based upon an entire CPU. If a job was using 10% > of a physical processor in a partition which was allocated 40% of that > CPU, then the job is using 25% of available CPU. By creating artificial > usage of an additional 15%, the total used (10% + 15% = 25%) accurately > reflects how much of the available system in that partition is being > used. > > I'm not familiar with the term 'processor multiple'. > > Best regards, > Andy Nolen-Parkhouse > > > > In the example you use above, if a job was using 10% of the > > > physical CPU in a partition which was allocated 40%: > > > > > > The job would show up as 10% > > > The task would show up as 15% (assuming that no other work was on > the > > > system) > > > > > > Thus the total system used would be displayed as 25%, which would be > the > > > equivalent of 10/40. > > > > > > > In my scenario P1 has 40% of the cpu, P2 has 60%. Job 1 runs in P1 > and > > uses > > 10% of the total cpu or 25% of the P1's cpu. Why does the task/job > show > > up > > as 15% ? > > > > In my 40/60 split, what is the processor multiple ? > > > > Thanks, > > > > Steve Richter > > _______________________________________________ > This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list > To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com > To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, > visit: http://lists.midrange.com/cgi-bin/listinfo/midrange-l > or email: MIDRANGE-Lemail@example.com > Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives > at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l. > >
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.