Steve, The coders wanted to display the percent of available CPU used. Their normal algorithms are based upon an entire CPU. If a job was using 10% of a physical processor in a partition which was allocated 40% of that CPU, then the job is using 25% of available CPU. By creating artificial usage of an additional 15%, the total used (10% + 15% = 25%) accurately reflects how much of the available system in that partition is being used. I'm not familiar with the term 'processor multiple'. Best regards, Andy Nolen-Parkhouse > > In the example you use above, if a job was using 10% of the > > physical CPU in a partition which was allocated 40%: > > > > The job would show up as 10% > > The task would show up as 15% (assuming that no other work was on the > > system) > > > > Thus the total system used would be displayed as 25%, which would be the > > equivalent of 10/40. > > > > In my scenario P1 has 40% of the cpu, P2 has 60%. Job 1 runs in P1 and > uses > 10% of the total cpu or 25% of the P1's cpu. Why does the task/job show > up > as 15% ? > > In my 40/60 split, what is the processor multiple ? > > Thanks, > > Steve Richter
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.