Sure, will do.

Another company put in a big ups but no generator.  At each workstation
they put in an orange outlet.  These orange outlets were wired into outlets
which would feed off of the big ups in case of power failure.  Now, you do
have to have someone go around to each of the outlets on a timely basis to
ensure that no illegal equipment is plugged into the outlets.  A common
piece of illegal is electric space heaters.  (Can you say senior systems
analyst?)

We also use the ups warning cable to plug into our 400.  Our paging
software notifies us if we are running off of ups.  You have to get just
the right cable for your 400 and your ups for it to work right.  For
example do you know how many different UPS-to-400 cables that Best alone
makes?

I was on a conference call a few years back.  One of our presidents and the
ONE client which supports this entire division.  (Plants in multiple
states/countries).  Client called because of an issue in which they
couldn't get to our FTP site.  I told them that we have a UPS on our
critical equipment.  However the power outage was greater than the time our
ups could keep running.  I mentioned that we looked at generators but
decided not to pursue one at the time.  At that time the president piped up
something about that this length of outage being rare and couldn't cost
justify a generator.  But I bet this planted a seed...

I sure wouldn't ask IBM to consult on power supplies - check out the
following:
http://notes.net/site.nsf/613a9554cfc4ff95852568ce00586561/0ec9aa73fd6cdf7685256b100053cbf1?OpenDocument

Rob Berendt

==================
Benjamin Franklin

                    "Ed Chabot"
                    <echabot@marlinfire       To:     <midrange-l@midrange.com>
                    arms.com>                 cc:
                    Sent by:                  Fax to:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     RE: Backup power
supplies
                    drange.com

                    11/26/2001 04:28 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

Rob,
If possible and timely, could you keep me/us updated on your progress?
Thanks.

Ed Chabot
The Marlin Firearms Company
100 Kenna Drive