From: prumschlag@phdinc.com [mailto:prumschlag@phdinc.com]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 1:50 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Backup power supplies

I have been wrestling with this same issue _off_ and _on_ (Whew!  What a
lousy
pun) for a while now.  We have a UPS, but I don't think that I could make a
convincing business case for buying a backup generator.  On the other hand,
if
there was an extended power outage due to some kind of catastrophe, I am
sure I
would be told to just go rent a generator.  I don't know beans about power
generation and the local rental store won't know anything about an AS/400.
My
biggest fear is that we would do this in the heat of the moment, fire up the
generator, and it would burn out half the disk drive motors because of
something
I did not know.  Sure wish I could find a reliable resource to educate me
and
calm my fears.

Phil

   Message: 11